Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been piling up the bigger stuff for decades while paying less attention to the little stuff, and thinking I was well supplied there.

So imagine the horror of discovering that in reality my ammo bunker was down to like three lousy bricks! :cry:

This is a GN/BN story. What's worse than expensive .22s? No .22s.

The bad news is I was caught short. The good news is, correcting that problem for .22s costs a few hundred dollars, not thousands. The worst part is feeling stupid; the best part is - problem solved.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What brand?
I saw some Remington .22 at walmart the other day... it was the only .22 on the whole shelf. Not even the current panic is enough to convince me to buy that :barf:. Passed it by.

·
Registered
17,110 Posts
I picked up a cheap brick for $22 because I realized all I had on hand was target match...
good enough is good enough, once the kids get on paper regularly I'll consider breaking out the really good stuff

·
Silver Bullet member
48,498 Posts
Apx 200,000 rounds more or less...
so many 30 cal cans, 50 cal, brown rock box’s we had to move Last month ...(we quit county got mixed up..5 years back..
between me and buddy Ed..he only owns 22’s shotguns..

·
Registered
419 Posts
10 cents a round isn't horrible that used to be my cut off more than that I wouldn't buy less I would that was in so called good times

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I topped up this .22 larder from several sources with different brands.

The bad news is I let myself get low on .22 LR. The good news is, that's a heck of an easier hole to climb out of than popular centerfires, where I'm good thanks to luck and foresight.

DKPHILLIPS illustrates the end-point of this pursuit for more rounds: When it's clear you'll run out of life before you run out of ammo. We'll all get there someday. Here's to good genes and luck. ;-)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Treasure what you have as the gremlins have been cleaning out all the 22rf ammo at our local wally world. Frank

·
Registered
761 Posts
I remember bricks on sale 10 years ago all the time for $9.99......Fast forward after Sandy Hook and bricks were $60!! I stocked up 2 black Fridays ago when they had Fed white box for $20 a brick after rebate.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,498 Posts
Got lots of $8.99 bricks?
..seal in ammo cans in the cool basement..

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Ammo manufacturers dumping their junk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts