Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first introduction to Japanese snipers was at an Atlanta show in early 77 whee Fred H had three on display. That's two months after MRoJ was published. I didn't get into sniper until I sold my 100+ 99 collection and started collecting sniper (Computer lost several sentences in here and I don't feel like reconstructing this thing. ) mounts and stocks.

. Over the years I've had half-dozen or so scopes that had the base cut off to use the tube on hunting rifles. I even have the tube from and externally adjustable scope that Azgunsso restored and it's now on the Type 4 Paratrooper carbine sniper. A collector interested in Japanese snipers in the early days with deep pockets could have cleaned up

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know why a PC would remove text? I've actually been looking at the screen when a portion, 3-6 sentences will disappear, no rhyme or reason!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,283 Posts
That could only happen to you. Could it be the ghost again? You blamed the ghost for misplaced books before.

·
Platinum Bullet Member with clusters
2,272 Posts
Doss, in 1960 when I wanted a sniper, they were going for around $75 complete. I didn't have the cash. In '68 after the GCA, I traded off 3 rigs to get back into Confeds - got me 2 nice ones and still in the collection. After a few months, I regretted trading off the snipers (still had half a dozen or so) and got back into Japanese. Then I spent 10 years trying to retrieve my T100 t/d from an old friend in Gastonia who a lot of the fellows here are aware of. But Ed finally caved in after I made a ridiculous offer to get the paratroop back. Howsomever, snipers were dime a dozen back then, really kinda boring. Betcha I've been through 50 over the years and wish I'd kept them all, but was always trading 2 $500 cats for a $1000 dog.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,745 Posts
I started pretty early on Snipers, Brit No4 T when I was 13. I haunted Garage Sales, auctions, and shops on Long Island and Brooklyn in the late '50's and early '60's. Complete Japanese Snipers were $60 to $80 when standard 38's and 99's were $15 and $20 !! By the time I was 17 1/2 and off to the Corps I probably had 50 or 60 Rifles, including 6 or 7 Snipers! No handguns, except for my Dads, well it was New York. Still have most of those rifles, except for the Civil War Carbines and stuff, sold off when prices got ridiculous high and headed off to college. Skid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.