Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this photo of a pro-Russian rebel sniper in the present conflict in the Ukraine using a modified/modernized Mosin Nagant rifle. I looked for it in the Forum and I don't think it has been posted, so here it is. If it's already posted, please, delete. Thank you.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Definitely still formidable.
Looks like no third pin in the rear sight, meaning non-refurb. Been in his attic a long time.
Also, I think he is shooting with his left eye, something I have to do, creeping the high-mount scope a bit.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Look carefully, it has the Molot markings,......Coming to a C.A.I. near you soon.

He will not survive long shooting like that if there is a decent counter-sniper around. He is way too exposed.

How about that eye relief? Is that correct or just for the pose?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,337 Posts
Flip up dust cover and baseball cap?
Something tells me this guy has little "range time" and this picture is merely staged..

Also note how he and the rifle are perfectly clean.

Bubba's work makes a scoped rifle, not a sniper rifle.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I was trying to figure out what sort of scope mount, and it sort of looks like it is a strap on, where there is some sort of bands running down to the bottom of the stock and maybe around to the other side. I mean, this is a serious photo from Ukraine, isn't it? Any way, the guy had to do what he had to do to get a scope on, who knows, maybe it works.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,337 Posts
You are a fool; I have seen more people killed with makeshift sniper rifles than issued ones.
Ok Rambo, you need to calm down and reread what I said.
If bubba had posted this here, you'd be among the first to condemn it as some fantasy piece. But because its in Ukraine suddenly its a sniper rifle? Plenty of soldiers get killed by EID's oversea's this month, doesn't mean I respect those EID's as typical warfare items or call the soldiers killed "casualties of a field gun".

You may think bubblegum here is a legendary sniper of the woods. And by your definition, this guy below could very well be a sniper to since all it takes a non conventional weapon and some dip***t to hold it.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,337 Posts
looks like there may be a cross bolt in the wrist area. also, seems to me that his left hand is holding the scope/mount in place, not attached to the rifle.
I am also curious as to how that base is mounted, from the looks of it he has it mounted very low, to low. I then see green between the base and the mount. Maybe he cut out much of the stock and some how attached the base?
Seems to heavy to hold up by hand but I cant understand the low placement of the base.

·
Site Contributor
1,312 Posts
I am also curious as to how that base is mounted, from the looks of it he has it mounted very low, to low. I then see green between the base and the mount. Maybe he cut out much of the stock and some how attached the base?
Seems to heavy to hold up by hand but I cant understand the low placement of the base.
The scope mount looks a lot like the one listed as Belorussian KV-80 by this Finnish importer of Russian & Belorussian scopes:
http://www.veika.fi/index_tiedostot/Page1035.htm

If so, the rail/base in which it has been attached seems to be in side of the rifle stock.

Jarkko

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I believe I've seen this set up on molot's or one of the other russian vendor's website. In russian they use mosins, SVD's and svt/AVT-40's quite extensively for sporting purposes. I know molot sells an sks that is rigged similarly. I can't find the russian link to molot at the moment.

Here is the mount set up from molot's site.

·
Gold Bullet member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe I've seen this set up on molot's or one of the other russian vendor's website. In russian they use mosins, SVD's and svt/AVT-40's quite extensively for sporting purposes. I know molot sells an sks that is rigged similarly. I can't find the russian link to molot at the moment.

Here is the mount set up from molot's site.
No way! See, it says right here:

seems to me that his left hand is holding the scope/mount in place, not attached to the rifle.
:laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.