Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,479 Posts
Help, I can not understand that for a carbine such... Sniper or not?
Your photos appear to show an RC receiver with a flat milled on the left side. I do not see any holes. It looks as if at one time the receiver was milled for a side mount scope. Perhaps there was at one time some intention for it to become a sniper but I see no evidence that it actually was a sniper. Maybe someone more knowledgeable in snipers than I can see something I don't see.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most interesting that holes and optics fastening was not!
It is probable that the given carbine has been made sniper, but optics have not established. Therefore I also ask, can, somebody has the information on these carbines.
Whether there were sniper carbines of firm Zauer with lateral fastening of optics?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I to have a CE43 with Thick Side Wall Rec that was not made into an actual LSR ,also undrilled . Not sure what the reason was that so many did not pass but I have seen about 10 of these CE43 and most were Russian Capture Marked and the ones I have seen have all been in the e and f blocks .

·
Registered
811 Posts
It certainly has the potential to be a sniper with the milled left receiver wall. That is a feature that is not present on any of my Mausers. I am guessing they either could not produce the optics or get a hold of them and the rifles were simply made into the regular infantry model.

·
Registered
728 Posts
It certainly has the potential to be a sniper with the milled left receiver wall. That is a feature that is not present on any of my Mausers. I am guessing they either could not produce the optics or get a hold of them and the rifles were simply made into the regular infantry model.
I do not beleave the Optic were the problem , Optics were not a Problem at this time . So must be another reason they were not used for LSR Rifles .It is possible that were as all the ones I have seen were Russian captured ,its possible they needed Regular K98s more than Sniper Rifles for the Russian Front at this time period

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Erma27, солнечная рыба сделала пост 11 на этой нити.

Валч думает, что он - забавное использование переводчика так, чтобы другие в США не знали то, что он говорит.

Как нефтяное пятно понижается под, Валч?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
so far the consensus on these rifles are this was the trial run on a new machining process for there thick walled snipers, as NO LSR type 1 snipers have been observed before these dry run e (E) block rifles. Then assembled into regular rifles. There could have been a shortage of mounts as it was a new system at this time and took a few more weeks before they were ready and available. Please share your serial as I have 5 observations recorded. My first reported CE43 LSR is in the ff (FF) block serial range near the end of 1943 and in the suspect fake category at the moment but leaning heavily on the fake territory.

Later
Vaughn

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Erma27, солнечная рыба сделала пост 11 на этой нити.

Валч думает, что он - забавное использование переводчика так, чтобы другие в США не знали то, что он говорит.

Как нефтяное пятно понижается под, Валч?
Артур, я не удивлен:)

Мы разлили в бутылки всю ту китайскую нефть.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.