Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have this strange rifle with snider-system but produced in Malmö, Sweden. Because of Denmarks interest in Snider-system before they took their 1867 Rolling block I am dreaming this could have been a rifle competing for the contract in Denmark? What do you all think?

Regards,
ARILAR:)

·
Gold Bullet member
1,221 Posts
Don't know but I want one. I have four different types of Sniders but they are all of the British Enfield types. That one is nice. I guess the only downside is the rimfire caliber. I load for .577 Snider and have a blast (pun intended) with then on the range. Most people won't shoot them when I offer?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Arilar,
What a wonderful find!
It could very well have been made for the Danes. Although whoever designed it had lots of ideas himself as it does not look to much like a direct copy of the Sniders they were already using.
Do you have some pictures of the top of the breech and one with the breech open?

Best, John

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello Arilar!
Beautiful rifle, I remeber this one! nice to se actual pic's of the rifle!
You have to shoot this in our new 50m offhand dicipline! :D
I think I can machine some reloadable rimfire cases for you to make the old one bark!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You got a deal!

Hello Arilar!
Beautiful rifle, I remeber this one! nice to se actual pic's of the rifle!
You have to shoot this in our new 50m offhand dicipline! :D
I think I can machine some reloadable rimfire cases for you to make the old one bark!
That would be greatly appreciated!! Then I will have a go competing you at the Swedish National in Forsa then!?;)
Regards,
ARILAR:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.