Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,221 Posts
I'm planning on going on Saturday. As I've been out of the state for 9 months I'm interested in seeing how the show is. Plus, looking for that special "can't live without" special.

·
Copper Bullet member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea me too... i went to the last one looking to walk away with a deal but things were marked up so high... they are trying to sucker people for about 150-180 for a mismatched mosin 91/30 w/o the accessories, and i was just like wow thats insane, and there was multiple vender doing this also... ive been loking for an sks too and there was none to speak of last time so hopefully i pull one this time for about 200-250?!?! :cool:i hope..

·
Gold Bullet member
1,221 Posts
Back from the show. Son and I went late 9:30 so we wouldn't have to wait in line. Yea, right!! Thirty minutes in the cold but got in. Wall to wall people but not tables. Everyone was carrying a gun to sell. No takers that I could see. I was carrying a 1903/A4 clone (wrong receiver) and while several dealers fondled it all said they didn't have the money yet. One guy in line with us to get in was seen leaving with his Mini-14. Said no takers. Ammo booths were swamped, as well as any booth selling AR stuff. ARs were high with a barebones, nothing added to, used gun priced at $950 which was the cheapest I saw all day. All of the rest were $1K+. I guess I was feeling left out as I had not bought anything so started looking for AR 6.8mm SPC mags. Found one for $50, passed. Stopped at the Reloaders Bench on the way home and they had all I wanted for $21. Saw the same Mosin Nagant 28/30 I handled last week on a dealers table for $100 less then the sell wanted last week. Dealer was amazed that someone other then China had made M-Ns ??????? I didn't try to educate him. It's like teaching a pig to sing: waste of your time and it irritates the pig.
Will not be going back on Sunday.

·
Copper Bullet member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finally got it!

:cool:i got a heck of a deal on a sks yugo 59/66 for 225 OTD no background with a 30 rd mag im hoping to get it to the twra range tomorrow to see if it goes bang but im happy with its apperance! good day for me!

·
Gold Bullet member
1,221 Posts
Reloaders Bench Do they have a lot of handguns?
YES! Small shop with very little room to move around in. Junky, but lots of stuff. Gun crank's dream. Ask for Adam, very young kid but knows more about the handguns on the market then any one I know.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,221 Posts
Where is this at ? I live in middle Tn near Nashville and havent heard of it before .
North Mt Juliet road. About 300 yards north of the Mt Juliet Rd/I-40 interchange. On the right just before Catp. Ds. Small strip mall with a cell phone store and a diner. Larry Hillis is the owner. It shows up on the boards all the time. Lot of us here use them. By far the largest reloading selection in the area. Lots of odd stuff. I needed brass for a 8.15x46R and they had two boxes of brass. I spend way too much time and money there.

·
Copper Bullet member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
North Mt Juliet road. About 300 yards north of the Mt Juliet Rd/I-40 interchange. On the right just before Catp. Ds. Small strip mall with a cell phone store and a diner. Larry Hillis is the owner. It shows up on the boards all the time. Lot of us here use them. By far the largest reloading selection in the area. Lots of odd stuff. I needed brass for a 8.15x46R and they had two boxes of brass. I spend way too much time and money there.
haha yea me too, too much time and too much money especially since they are right down from the range:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.