Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
An alternative would be to replace the sights with "no-gunsmithing" type replacements. One which is often used are the MoJo's here:

http://www.mojosights.com/

If it were mine, I would store the originals, (Greased and wrapped to prevent rust) packed inside the butt trap so the original parts are always with the rifle.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
As I have yet to sell any firearm I have acquired, the collectability factor is not there on the old girl.

I was wondering HOW to move the rear sight and how hard a job would it be...........How's it done?
You have a 1916 LSA which isn't exactly a common rifle. It is indeed collectible. Most all collect knowing that our rifles aren't really ours. We paid to enjoy the privledge of holding on to them until it's time to pass them along to the next generation of collectors.

You have been told there is no way to do this without making a permanent alteration to the rifle, thus screwing the next owners out of a desireable specimen. You have also been shown a non damaging option which.....you apparently have chosen to ignore??

There is one way to ever-so-slighty shift the rear sight but the tool to do it is as scarce as hen's teeth and the cost would be whatever the market will tolerate. In other words, expensive. Mind you, this tool was only used to adjust target rifles back in the day.

So long as it's hitting where you want then don't try to fix what's there. You'll only break something, go in search of a non-matched part, and then discover that part has only made your "problem" a real problem. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the whole board so far is in agreement on the subject.

If you want to hear something you like, I'm sure somebody could direct you to a certain other board where their so-called experts will gladly make up some BS for you. Makes them feel all-knowing and you'll get the words you're looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts