Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is silly for us in the states, for what is considered a child's toy, to be transferred via gun shop with associated fees. I wish it were chambered for lead pellets rather than steel BB's. I gave away my only air rifle years ago so this would be cool to have in .177 lead pellet ten shot rotary mag.

In the US it can be ordered from here:

It is a nice replica and does NOT come with the orange muzzle as shown in the pics.
Gene

·
Silver Bullet member
278 Posts

It is a nice replica and does NOT come with the orange muzzle as shown in the pics.
Gene

Gene
Seems a LOT cheaper in the USA than in the UK by $158?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I’ve looked at one in my LGS, looks ok from 10 feet but get close up and they look a little tacky. Nose cap looks like it may take a bayonet but from memory I think it is fabricated rather than machined so I wouldn’t think a bayonet would not stay on long. I suppose I’m used to seeing No1s as old war horses with usage and scars so handing one of those just felt odd. I have a scoped BSA Ultra bolt action/magazine air rifle that deals with the rats, pigeons and squirrels with ease so it would be a waste of money for me…now the Co2 Webley MkVI that is a different animal, JBW got me into getting one of those. Great fun, weight and balance is nearly the same as the original.

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
Every kid had a BB Gun, then a Pellet Rifle when I was growing up and about 11 yrs, old a 22LR . Went everywhere with them in the rural country side in those times and no one gave a bit of notice. No licenses or laws about it... us kids understood what was expected and we used these rifles responsibly...and we knew and rightfully feared the wrath of our fathers which enforced our behavior so we'd never wanted to endure loss of gun privileges nor the penalty / punishments our fathers would deal out.

We kids would be judged demented and our parents jailed if we lived this life of air rifles & 22LR up in Scotland. Proud as hell I'm not a Scot ! Proud to have been a red neck kid and yeah, at a time , I'd be one happy kid to have a No1MkIII replica BB gun. You bet !

21 - 30 of 30 Posts