Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just acquired a Smith Corona 03A3 with matching stock and bolt. the bore is bright and shiny and it seems to be in great condition. I've only found the boxed FJA, and ordinance wheel on the left side, a circle P proof behind the trigger and the deeply stamped last 4 of the serial number on the stock. Parkerizing is a uniform light gray with little wear on the rails or magazine follower. Serial is 37052xx. The barrel is stamped RA 5/43. No import marks found. Could that be an original barrel?? I've not found a rebuild stamp. I'll try to get some pictures done this week. (Bonus is a clear plastic, 2 compartment cleaning kit with pull through in one half and heavy looking oil in the other. Where would that have originated??)
thanks for any info.

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,189 Posts
Doubt that the barrel is original. Sounds like you have a Remington barrel. You will get more information once you post pictures. Post the bolt, the stock with particular attention to the stamps in front of the trigger guard and the cutout for the barrel band spring. Picture of the butt plate will give information also.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
What I know Greek returned 03a3s had the serial number stamped on the stock like you describe. A 5/43 dated RA barrel may be a four groove, which should make it a good shooter at the bery least. Does the bolt have a x stamp on it?

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Definitely a "Greek" M1903A3 with the numbers etched on the bolt. It does have several SC parts including the stock, buttplate and trigger guard. The barrel and bolt are replacements.
I agree.

However, the bolt SLEEVE is also Smith Corona.

Despite all the 'common wisdom' out there, that two groove barrel will shoot every bit as well as a four groove.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.