Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Jk,

Nice take. Enjoy. My cousin shot a grouse last year while elk hunting, and it was great that night on the grill.

I love quail and dove too, lots of work, but they are tasty when cooked properly.

I haven't been bird hunting in years.

JW

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nice picture!
Now show and explain how you cook them. Baribal and I just talked about starting an outdoor related gastronomy thread. You could have the honours of starting it off. It's either you cooking teal or me frying perch! :)

Pettson

·
Registered
366 Posts
That picture made me remember... MPE once posted a similar picture that I used to have as background picture on my desktop. I lost it during a recent computer transplant and was hoping you could repost it?

Pettson

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Pettson;

I have that picture as the backdrop on my computer at work. I should be able to repost it from there on Monday, if I remember.

JK;

Nice pic! I have lots of HVA shotguns that need something to shoot .... ;)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pettson,
Sounds like a wonderful idea. But I will want to include a few pictures of the culinary delight, so give me a few days.

Best, John

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
JK,

Beautiful photograph :D What loads were you using to bag these? Teal are one of the tastier ducks, but it in a couple of weeks we will be mostly into mallards out here. Tasty also:)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kriggevaer,
1 1/8 oz. Bismuth and 33g. Longshot. Next time I will try a couple of B.P. loads in all brass cases, they should be a real hoot. And you can get a lot more in them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am glad someone remembers this picture. These Bobwhite Quail were taken with 7/8 oz. load of number 8 shot over a couple of wonderful pointing dogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts