Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,628 Posts
Well...at least from 1944 on. ;)

Front end fed back through the front swivel, aft end fed forward through the butt swivel. The metal ends should end up on top of the sling, prongs pointed down.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
A bit more detailed.
Take one end and run it down through the upper sling swivel. Take the other end and run it UP through the lower swivel. You should now have the metal tabs next to the wood with the smooth side of the rivits facing the wood. The lower loop should be one hand breath wide. Any adjustments in lehgth are made with the upper loop. Only the hooks of the sling should be visible from the outside.

As for age, that sling design was around BEFORE WW1.
late WW2 slings had steel tabs instead of brass ones.
You nave a P37 sling but the design is, as I stated, far older. The P44 sling is identical except made from lighter materisl and green rather than tan.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts

I have posted how I was taught to use the sling at school in the past and is differs from Mr. Sukey's version. However I can also say that I have used the sling in the fashion that I posted, if not in anger at least, on exercise and on the drill square and it works well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.