Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two of the M69 Romanian .22 training rifles for my sons from Classic and haven't picked them up yet. Would like to add a sling to each and was wondering what slings might fit this rifle. Not sure what the sling attachments will require. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Admin Emeritus
19,077 Posts
They were a sort of a thin "pleather" like material like vinyl that was brown with a button stud on one end and a square black buckle in the middle.

·
Gold Bullet member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need a Couple of M48 brass studs to mount an M48 sling

Picked up both rifles this past Saturday and very pleased with them as shipped. I had a couple of the M48 leather Mauser slings with the brass studs at the front attachment slots and they will work great. I cannot use the sling frogs but can use the brass studs at both ends to attach the slings. I used the studs from both slings to attach one sling and need a second pair to use on the second rifle. Anyone have a couple of these brass studs they could part with? I don't have the frogs for these slings to trade, they were used on some 98k slings. Willing to go a couple of dollars a piece for 2 M48 brass studs.

·
Gold Bullet member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. A board member sent me 2 brass studs from a Yugo rifle that matched the one that came with the sling. I put the sling on last night and that old M48 sling looks good and just as worn as the rifle.

Anyone clean up the stocks? I know you can remove the russian shellac from the RC 98ks and was wondering if you need DA or mineral spirits to remove the finish on these Romanian trainers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.