Gunboards Forums banner

SKy m/91

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  BeSwift 
#1 ·
I don´t remember if I sent these pictures before or not.

This is a standard NEW m/91 with some SKy- features. S-number has been stamped on the stock and the receiver. Trigger has been tuned and it has similar spring as m/91-24 Lotta trigger. The sights have been converted in the same way as with Lotta rifles.

Civil Guards modified m/91 rifles to meet with m/91-24 Lotta specifications. This is the most complete example of this m/91 Lotta coversion I have ever seen.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks very nice. I've seen more than a couple of these from another member here. I wish I had more time to pawn over his M91s, but I didn't. Maybe one day I'll buy one from him and post some pics.

What did they do to the sights?

#5 ·
Front sight is high and straight type. Rear sight has graduations 3, 4, 5 1/2, 7 and 8 1/2 stamped on the right side of the base. There is a notch blade attached to the rear sight.

#6 ·
Unfortunately no : (

My camera is still waiting for some repair work. Maybe later when it has been fixed.

#8 ·
Lemmy- Thank you for posting pictures and describing your rifle for us. I have a question. I have seen another Mosin, can't remember the model number just now, that also had a flat milled/filed into the top of the barrel shank just to the rear of the rear sight. Do you know what this was done for? It made me curious to see this done and I realized that it had to be for a reason.

Regards,
Eric

#19 ·
Lemmy- Thank you for posting pictures and describing your rifle for us. I have a question. I have seen another Mosin, can't remember the model number just now, that also had a flat milled/filed into the top of the barrel shank just to the rear of the rear sight. Do you know what this was done for? It made me curious to see this done and I realized that it had to be for a reason.

Regards,
Eric
I think that it has been made because of the new rear sight notch blade, which is larger.

#10 · (Edited)
Lemmy,

I have a few Sk.Y M91s but this one sees to have more features then others. It is a Remington M91. Stock, bolt and receiver have "S" number. I will have to dig it out and check the front sight and trigger for upgades as you mentioned above. I love these M91s.

My favorite Remington pictured below belonged to the Karielan White Guard Regiment KKR.

#11 ·
I tried to fit that in my suitcase but it was too large.[/QUOTE]

You could've just made a duffle cut in that sucker and glued it back together later!

#12 ·
I tried to fit that in my suitcase but it was too large.
You could've just made a duffle cut in that sucker and glued it back together later![/quote]

Then it would have qualified as a bring back!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.