Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can across a 1942 dated Husky M38, non-threaded muzzle, visible parts serial number match with mix electro pencil and stamp. Handguard color and fitting lead me to believe its a replacement. Price tag = 575.00 dollars!!!! Good old days are gone, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
They've been up there lately. I've wondered what or who spurred the dramatic price increases myself.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,373 Posts
I can only assume that the great reputation and increasing rarity (I hardly see them anymore at shows or in shops) has triggered a reaction among collectors that these should be acquired when they are available.

I recently traded for a 96/38 to add to the few Swedes I have. I'm glad to have it, though the M39 I traded was nice. However, there are many M39's still at dealers...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yes, the Swedish Mausers are perhaps not "military surplus" anymore. They seem to be transforming into the "Collectors Arms" category at a very fast rate. Something like the Krag and Martini have done.

·
Vendor
5,539 Posts
Many of them were military surplus that became civilian surplus. Most of the Mausers we are getting from Sweden haven't been sitting stored at the arsenal for years. They have been in civilian hands for quite some time and it's getting harder to find one in 100% original military configuration. That price is still a bit high for an original military M38, or the even less common M96/38. The ones for sale on my website cost less.
Allan Schisel

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remembered when Swedish M96 went for 99.99 at Sports Town. On sales for 69.99. Nearly every gun shop or pawn shop have an obligatory Swede. Those were the good days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts