Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
42,142 Posts
Why not? They are a fine weapon. Accurate and dependable. It's limited only by a non-detachable magazine.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Interesting photos. Thank you for posting them.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,042 Posts
I didn't know they were still in use. They might be limited by 10 rounds, but I'd rather get buttstroked by an AK or AR :) .

Keith

·
Registered
490 Posts
Looks like their mag pouches are empty. I would say a good weapon for units without a high amount of training. Semi auto forces them to aim better while given them a full auto weapon would just waste ammo.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since Norinco SKSs are now imported for sale to law enforcement only in the Philippines, one small town council decided to
to buy several SKSs for their policemen (o better arm them) Its interesting bec the police are only armed with shotguns, norinco 45s and M 16s. SInce theres a shortage, they opt to get the SKSs which is more cheaper as offered by importers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In the first picture, the one of the lone soldier, he has what appears to be a "chest" sling... that is, a sling whereby one can carry the rifle slung in front of you, in firing position. My Norinco is on the "regular" type of sling, for over your shoulder.
Does anyone know who makes a "chest" type sling? I'd like to have that for my SKS.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Since Norinco SKSs are now imported for sale to law enforcement only in the Philippines, one small town council decided to
to buy several SKSs for their policemen (o better arm them) Its interesting bec the police are only armed with shotguns, norinco 45s and M 16s. SInce theres a shortage, they opt to get the SKSs which is more cheaper as offered by importers.
Just out of curiosity, do you know what Chinese weaponry are present in the Philippines, and who has them?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
42,142 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly, but i dont feel the 10 round internal mag is a limitation considering what the SKS is designed for.
True, it does depend on the intent. Of course a soldier with 30 round detachables is probably more "comfortable" than a guy with an SKS.

·
Copper Bullet member
918 Posts
True, it does depend on the intent. Of course a soldier with 30 round detachables is probably more "comfortable" than a guy with an SKS.
its true one wouldnt have to pause as often, but the person probably wont be spraying projectiles all over the place, they will actualy have to try to aim. and you dont have to worry about snagging your mag on stuff either :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nothing wrong with the SKS as a battle rifle. Its usually more accurate than the AK and with stripper clips it reloads quickly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts