Gunboards Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Excellent looking trio, jjjxlr8! I ended up with a couple of refurbed '54's in trying to acquire SKS-45's of my birth year. You landed a beautiful '54 specimen, though!

Love the dual 公安 Chinese Public Security rifles! Is the top PS gun a /416\ arsenal and the bottom PS gun a [0141] arsenal?

Thanks for posting them! Are they posted somewhere in a multiple-pics thread? I'd like to see both of those in more detail!

firstchoice
Here are some PICs of a 416 security forces gun. Serial numbers everywhere.
Table Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory Wood Wood stain
Rectangle Cylinder Auto part Metal Gun accessory
Wood Line Office supplies Musical instrument Hardwood
Trigger Wood Air gun Shotgun Gun accessory
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Varnish Shotgun
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun accessory
Wood Cloud Wood stain Material property Hardwood
Wood Musical instrument accessory Shotgun Trigger Automotive exterior
Wood Gesture Finger Gadget Hardwood
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Sleeve String instrument accessory Music

·
Registered
523 Posts
Here is all I have left after a massive sell off in 2020. I hate to say it out loud, but I had too many.

Left to right
1) SinoBanian Chinese given to Albania as aid. Matching (import marked)
2) Romanian matching correct sling (import marked)
3) Russian Izzy1953 as issued, East German sling matching (import marked)
4) Security forces Chinese matching correct sling (import marked)
5) Albanian 1977 matching, correct sling (import marked)
6) Russian letter gun matching stunning tiger stock, not correct sling (import marked)
7) Soviet Sino Paratrooper SN 1999 matching started in Russia, finished in China (import marked)
8) Polish/ Russian all matching no import marks in Polish Honor Guard stock
9) Yugo M59 LONG BARREL SN 009 matching correct sling with windage adjustable front sight (import marked)
10) Vietnamese type 1 1964 all matching correct sling no import marks
11) Russian 1949 with all correct parts including spike bayonet, matching (import marked)
12) East German Karibiner S matching correct sling 1960 no import marks
13) North Korean type 63 matching correct sling with grenade launcher cut-off switch, but no GL sight no import marks
14) Russian "American Historical Foundation" Vietnam commemorative (import marked) ...The only real Commercial SKS I kept.

I really only wanted to keep one rifle from each country that made them, but the Russians were just too pretty.

Darin

·
Registered
523 Posts
...The only real Commercial SKS I kept
What about #7...the Paratrooper? Nice bunch of rifles Darin. (y) PAX
The Soviet Sino is commercial only because it was cut to Para. I had a full length one too but liked the para better…. Simply because of the “Prince 1999 SN” connection. It is a commercial but….. lol
Too rare to let go and I actively chased it down after 6 months of searching.

good catch though

Darin

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here are some PICs of a 416 security forces gun. Serial numbers everywhere. View attachment 3927874
Drazil, That's an excellent PS example! I'm trying to keep track of the PS guns I've run across the past 6 years,or so. Yours would make #62 total that I have verified as having the 公安 Public Security markings. I'm guessing that yours is an 18million series /416\ rifle? If you could post a pic of your serial number or send it to me via PM, I could add yours to the verified list. You can cover the last digits of the number if you so desire.

firstchoice

·
Registered
49 Posts
Firstchoice,

Since you collect SF numbers, I've owned 6 or 7 over the years, I will try to dig up the numbers for you. However, the one I have now is 0144 arsenal and SN 2403126
Thanks Darin! Long time now! I saw you'd cleared out a BUNCH of your collection. Looks like you kept the cream, though. All good!

Yes! Any additional SN's you can supply would be extremely helpful! As long as you can vouch that they were all stamped with the 公安 PS ideographs, I'm good with it. I've tried to verify by sight or clear pictures on the ones I've documented so far. But I think you know what qualifies it as a PS gun, so I'm good with it.(y)(y)

firstchoice

61 - 71 of 71 Posts