Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Skratch ----- Thanks for your reply on hi-cap mags. I'll try to find some and see how they might work in one of my shooter SKS's. If they function OK I'll pick up some more. Thanks again.
I picked up one for each carbine back in the day when they were cheap and plentiful but have never tested them for function.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I should have kept all my ones, but sold all of them but six from 2012 and 2013, kinda hard to sit on them when you was getting stupid money for something we paid sometimes 74 a piece for.
Makes me wanna start getting them back again
I’m in the same boat. Problem is it’s hard to find anything in the condition that I had that were sold, and it’s hard paying more for them too. I picked up the ugliest Chinese I’ve ever seen yesterday and paid more than the ones I had that were really pristine. Then again, projects are fun.
Wood Human body Sleeve Grey Thigh
Door Wood Window Door handle Bumper

·
Silver Bullet member
690 Posts
The only group photo of SKSs that I have is of my matching early Jianshe Chinese Type 56s that are all from the first batch of Albanian imports, ca. 2012-14.

Bottom to top (right to left in the receiver cover photo): 1956 no arsenal marking (ghost), 1957 six digit, 1957 two million, 1958 three million, 1959-60 F block letter gun.

View attachment 3924511

View attachment 3924512
Are those stocks cracked behind the recievers on rifles 2, 3 & 4 ?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Problem is it’s hard to find anything in the condition that I had that were sold, and it’s hard paying more for them too. I picked up the ugliest Chinese I’ve ever seen yesterday and paid more than the ones I had that were really pristine. Then again, projects are fun. View attachment 3924688 View attachment 3924689
where did you get it from? PSA? Condition is really rough.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I remember goingto shows and gramps buying one or two just to "stash away", still have all of his rifles, but when I was younger and was out and about and found one at a shop an it was fair price I would buy it, well then I had a safe full of just them and wanted room for other things and then they started to get sold. I still have all my russian ones and a couple chinese ones, I will never sell the 'paratrooper" ones now not after seeing how much they are going for.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I remember goingto shows and gramps buying one or two just to "stash away", still have all of his rifles, but when I was younger and was out and about and found one at a shop an it was fair price I would buy it, well then I had a safe full of just them and wanted room for other things and then they started to get sold. I still have all my russian ones and a couple chinese ones, I will never sell the 'paratrooper" ones now not after seeing how much they are going for.
gmc ----- I have a Norinco "paratrooper" SKS with a synthetic folding stock. You mentioned "seeing how much they are going for". I carry it on my ATV because it is so much handier than a std. length SKS. What are they going for in today's market approx. ??? Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Phos ----- I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with the 4 SKS rifles I currently have with their 10 round mags. Thanks for the info. on the extended mags. However I still like the looks of them and maybe one day I'll pick up a SKS that will take the AK mag.
Get a nice aftermarket 30 Rnd. mag. Think they are called birds beak mags. I like the Metal ones. Some take minor fitting/feeding or you can have . correcting on the mag only! not the rifle. it's been some time. my input.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put some of my "as-issued" Type 56's into a Yugo "Protokol" SKS crate.

Top, front to back:
/416\ 1973 Chinese Public Security Rifle
/26\ 1978 Chinese 23 mil "Tickler" HG
/26\ 1979 Chinese 24 mil "Tickler" HG

Bottom, front to back:
/1\ Romanian M56 1960 (The actual arsenal stamp is an upright arrow within the triangle, no fletching .)
/26\ 1967 Chinese 12 mil
/156\ 1971 Chinese 1.6 mil
/26\ 1963 Chinese 8 mil
(0974) Chinese 1980 25 mil

Some of my "Commercial" Chinese SKS:

SKS-30/SKS-D BETA Arms imports. Two are NIB, one is Very Good + cond.:

*Note: The top NIB SKS-30 has the trigger group removed to take detailed pics, but it's all there. ;)

These were only imported the one year, 1988.

Rectangle Wood Gas Hardwood Wood stain

I think the Hungarian 20rd. "Tanker" mags look and function great in the AK-magazine modified Chinese guns.

Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument accessory Wood Plucked string instruments

I have a few more but I'm having a hard time getting them uploaded from Photobucket for some reason tonight. I'll try with a follow-on post.

firstchoice

·
Registered
49 Posts
A few more of the "Commercial" Chinese SKS:

The 1992 imported Chinese SKS-S:

This is shown with the Chinese 20rd fixed magazine, but they came with the standard 10rd fixed magazine, which I do have.The SKS-S was the first to use the short gas system, later used on the AK-mag conversion guns. (The SKS-M and Sporter, etc., brought in after 1992))

This one has the rivet style bayonet attachment. Not sure if all SKS-S uses the rivets?

The 1994 imported /416\ SKS-M imported by BTC:

The 1992 Chinese SPORTER SKS imported by Labanu, Inc.:

Thought I'd include my 1969 Albanian Type 56-1 SKS, all-matching SN's:

After reviewing my old pics, I now remember that it's time to take newer, BETTER pics! lol

firstchoice

21 - 40 of 71 Posts