Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put some of my "as-issued" Type 56's into a Yugo "Protokol" SKS crate.

Top, front to back:
/416\ 1973 Chinese Public Security Rifle
/26\ 1978 Chinese 23 mil "Tickler" HG
/26\ 1979 Chinese 24 mil "Tickler" HG

Bottom, front to back:
/1\ Romanian M56 1960 (The actual arsenal stamp is an upright arrow within the triangle, no fletching .)
/26\ 1967 Chinese 12 mil
/156\ 1971 Chinese 1.6 mil
/26\ 1963 Chinese 8 mil
(0974) Chinese 1980 25 mil

Some of my "Commercial" Chinese SKS:

SKS-30/SKS-D BETA Arms imports. Two are NIB, one is Very Good + cond.:

*Note: The top NIB SKS-30 has the trigger group removed to take detailed pics, but it's all there. ;)

These were only imported the one year, 1988.

Rectangle Wood Gas Hardwood Wood stain

I think the Hungarian 20rd. "Tanker" mags look and function great in the AK-magazine modified Chinese guns.

Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument accessory Wood Plucked string instruments

I have a few more but I'm having a hard time getting them uploaded from Photobucket for some reason tonight. I'll try with a follow-on post.

firstchoice

·
Registered
50 Posts
A few more of the "Commercial" Chinese SKS:

The 1992 imported Chinese SKS-S:

This is shown with the Chinese 20rd fixed magazine, but they came with the standard 10rd fixed magazine, which I do have.The SKS-S was the first to use the short gas system, later used on the AK-mag conversion guns. (The SKS-M and Sporter, etc., brought in after 1992))

This one has the rivet style bayonet attachment. Not sure if all SKS-S uses the rivets?

The 1994 imported /416\ SKS-M imported by BTC:

The 1992 Chinese SPORTER SKS imported by Labanu, Inc.:

Thought I'd include my 1969 Albanian Type 56-1 SKS, all-matching SN's:

After reviewing my old pics, I now remember that it's time to take newer, BETTER pics! lol

firstchoice

·
Registered
50 Posts
Excellent looking trio, jjjxlr8! I ended up with a couple of refurbed '54's in trying to acquire SKS-45's of my birth year. You landed a beautiful '54 specimen, though!

Love the dual 公安 Chinese Public Security rifles! Is the top PS gun a /416\ arsenal and the bottom PS gun a [0141] arsenal?

Thanks for posting them! Are they posted somewhere in a multiple-pics thread? I'd like to see both of those in more detail!

firstchoice

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here are some PICs of a 416 security forces gun. Serial numbers everywhere. View attachment 3927874
Drazil, That's an excellent PS example! I'm trying to keep track of the PS guns I've run across the past 6 years,or so. Yours would make #62 total that I have verified as having the 公安 Public Security markings. I'm guessing that yours is an 18million series /416\ rifle? If you could post a pic of your serial number or send it to me via PM, I could add yours to the verified list. You can cover the last digits of the number if you so desire.

firstchoice

·
Registered
50 Posts
Firstchoice,

Since you collect SF numbers, I've owned 6 or 7 over the years, I will try to dig up the numbers for you. However, the one I have now is 0144 arsenal and SN 2403126
Thanks Darin! Long time now! I saw you'd cleared out a BUNCH of your collection. Looks like you kept the cream, though. All good!

Yes! Any additional SN's you can supply would be extremely helpful! As long as you can vouch that they were all stamped with the 公安 PS ideographs, I'm good with it. I've tried to verify by sight or clear pictures on the ones I've documented so far. But I think you know what qualifies it as a PS gun, so I'm good with it.(y)(y)

firstchoice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.