Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,262 Posts
Sgt. I'd like to modify one of my Chinese SKS rifles to take the AK mag. as you have pictured. How much would it take to modify the Chinese stock to do that and / or would there be a stock on the market that I could pick up and use a AK mag. in it. I have 20 AK mags just itching for such use, and yes I have an AK to go with the mags.
It’s not just a stock modification to allow AK mags. You need to modify the receiver, trigger group, etc. It’d be far cheaper, and better functionally, to purchase one of the commercial Chinese SKSs, like those shown here, built at the factory with AK magazine compatibility.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,262 Posts
The only group photo of SKSs that I have is of my matching early Jianshe Chinese Type 56s that are all from the first batch of Albanian imports, ca. 2012-14.

Bottom to top (right to left in the receiver cover photo): 1956 no arsenal marking (ghost), 1957 six digit, 1957 two million, 1958 three million, 1959-60 F block letter gun.

Air gun Wood Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

Ammunition Bullet Gas Gun accessory Auto part

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.