Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One you do not encounter often..just showed up in a local shop. K Sports SKS "Sporter". Parked finish. The stock has been replaced with a folder. The receiver cover replaced with a cheap scope and mount cover. But..in the black assault rifle case are: a front sight tool, 20 stripper clips, the original stamped matching fixed mag..blued, three hi cap duck bill mags, one being a parked hi cap duck bill mag and the original stamped matching and parked receiver cover. Who knows where the original green Monte Carlo stock has gone. Of course the pawn shop thinks it is an evil sinister AK clone and must be worth $499. If they came down to $350 I would think about it and hope for one of the green Monte Carlo stocks showing up in the future. I would sell the scope and cover, two duck bills and folding stock...the rifle would look OK in a wooden stock.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,911 Posts
Hey, Coneten, are these the SKSs that were in a Butler Creek stock? Don't feeel bad, Videodon, I haven't bought anything but reloading supplies lately. No guns for awhile as I am saving up for my $529 PSL from AIM. Glad I waited to get one, the prices just keep going down.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1
I wouldn't hold my breath on that green stock......anything is possible......but there's lotz of un-numbered wood stocks.
You are probably correct..but there is at least one floating around the area!! I like an un-numbered wood stock as well. Those folders do nothing for me..I am not a poser like VideoDon!!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for $350 you might be able to find a decent russian or unissued yugo
I have had those. I have also the hi cap "sporters". The point in considering this one is..they were a niche Norinco SKS, factory parked and stamped "SPORTER" on the receiver. I look for some of the more unusual Chinese SKS's and this one would fit in with a couple other ones that do not take hi cap mags..namely the stamped sheet metal receiver model. Other Chinese SKS's I look for are the "Security" marked versions. My point is collecting.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...to me...you are a very funny man.
(he said with a French accent)
:)
Videodon, Please Frenchy..after the SITREP PR OP..give us some Nelson Eddie and polka music..and your best Bruno Kirby imitation. "I know humor when I hear it".

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Me too.."Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T. 'cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could become M.I.A. and then we'd all be put out on K.P." Robin Williams. This link might shed some light on a less known AFTN story. I had a friend I met at Keesler AFB and later he was at Nellis AFB and I was at George AFB..I would hitchhike from Victorville to Vegas and we would get crazy out at Lake Mead. He shipped back to the states a couple of months before this tragedy . http://bobwertzcm.tripod.com/AFTN/memorial.htm

·
Copper Bullet member
10,096 Posts
In my younger days bought a really cheap folding stock (all plastic) for a SKS, long story short it broke the first time I shot it. Was real glad the original stock was in the closet. Put it back on and never looked back. Let a friend who had very little money buy it from me on an installment plan, wish I had kept it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.