Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a norinco with a bad barrel, it has a gouge in the chamber and I think it is unsafe. Am I of a correct understanding that if I am swapping out a bad norinco SKS barrel/receiver for a yugo set then I am going to have to get a new gas tube and piston setup as well or will they interchange?:eek:

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
53,228 Posts
If swapping out the entire 59/66 action you'll need a tube as well, unless you are refering to a M59 which uses a normal tube.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another question on topic

OK, I have a 20.5" pinned barrel, what if I replace it and my receiver with a 20.375" screwed barrel with it's receiver attached off another norinco. Will that work with the same tube assembly, etc?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the albanian ones just had a longer handguard. Is that not the case?

·
Silver Bullet member
997 Posts
just press in a new barrel, why mess with the receiver? I have pressed AK barrels in and out, no biggie.

·
Copper Bullet member
466 Posts
I have a parts gun norinco sks with good barreled receiver, stock, gas tube, and receiver cover...pm me if you are interested in doing some horse trading.

doc

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony C. I would mess with a receiver because if I have to buy something a barreled receiver is only $12 more than just a barrel and a lot less work. Maybe it's worth it and maybe it's not.
Doc Diel, PM sent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts