Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,197 Posts
Here's some info on the SKS M. I'd guess? that an M w/20" bbl. and MC stock, as described below would be in the $500-700 range ?

• SKS‑M: Post ban type rifles with no striper clip guide, no bayonet and equipped with either a fancy Monte Stock or one of four or five different thumbhole stocks (with either wide or narrow forearms, black painted cuts in the pistol grip or with smooth pistol grip, rear sling mount at the bottom or on the side). These have serial numbers that start with the year imported. These were imported in both 16-inch and 20-inch versions. These rifles will usually have either “SKS Sporter”, “SKS NR”, or “SKS M” stamped on the side of the receiver. However, some just marked “SKS imported by <XYZ>”. The 20-inch version is very scarce. All of the 20-inch models reported to date are marked “SKS M”, have fancy Monte stocks, and have serial numbers starting with “94”.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
56,654 Posts
That is a tough one, they are rare (I've seen 2 in the 20 years) but are limited (IMO) at the upper price for what you could buy a preban D for. I'd tend to agree $500 on the low end, 700 or so at the top. I guess it depends if all you can find to sell it to are shooters or collectors :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.