Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sks-d

I have a deal on one of these (takes AK mags) for $300 with the thumbhole stock and wide forend,16" barrel. no bayo lug or cleaning rod. marked Norinco I think, and 98-99% easy

this a good deal? I do not want the gun, but am wondering if I can resell at $50 or so profit

·
Registered
393 Posts
its not a D its a M,and $300 isnt bad,should be able to squeeze $350 out of it for resale

Norinco made these,the D has a folding bayo and a more traditional stock,the M comes in a thumb hole or Monte Carlo style,no bayo just a nub

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,693 Posts
My SKS-M

I picked mine up back in '95 for $179 NIB, I didn't realize they were going for so much more now! Maybe I should sell it at the next gun show... As the photo shows, it was made in 1994 just before the evil Clinton gun ban went into effect. Cool rifle ! I shot my first deer with it back in 1998.

·
Registered
393 Posts
nice rifle GH,i wish mine had the Monte stock,but the TH stock has grown on me and im finally comfortable with it

·
Silver Bullet member
12,931 Posts
gunhorde, congrats.... venison just taste better when shot with a militay caliber.:D

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
50,495 Posts
You might get $350 for it, around here that's getting on the high side for a normal M... IMO they are well worth it though.

·
Registered
393 Posts
around these parts $350 is the norm,,,,you figure if you pay $300 online after shipping and xfer fee your real close to $350 anyhow,under $300 is a great deal

·
Registered
476 Posts
the best deal on an sks-M I have gotten was a package deal I found on gunbroker about a year and a half ago. NIB sks-M $367, it came with 2-100 round chinese drums and 6-30 round chinese mags w/chrome followers still sealed 3 to a bag.

·
Registered
183 Posts
TWalker

I saw an M with a thumbhole stock for sale at a pawn shop in Pulaski, VA today. They only wanted $1,250.00 for it! I think I will take mine there next week and see how much they will pay me for it. I'll be happy to take one-half of what they are asking for theirs. It only seems fair to allow them to re-sell it and make $625.00 profit. I honestly don't know where they come up with their prices.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i tell you what,pawn shops are still a great source for deals,the idiots that want outrageous prices for some things,grossly under price on others

i made two awsome pawn shop buys just recently,and i will always stop in and check,50 wasted trips through the door is well worth the one that pays off

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a M and w/ a five round mag it is by far the most comfortable sks I have to shoot. I love the thumb hole and wide forearm. It is not as easy as an AK to put the mag in, w/ the 5 rd you have to hold your mouth just right. W/ pratice it is not a problem. What I like about the 5 rd mag is being able to get my arm under the rifle for the rock solid support.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Here are some pics of SKS "D" model I picked up recently. It is near mint, still had the oringinal grease in the gas tube. It also came with a sling and oiler. It was $375 OTD.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Wow Bingo, beautiful D. Look at the quality. I'd like to see a range test on that one.
Of all of the SKS variations I have believe or not I have never shot one of them. Maybe someday I will try one.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ran out to a gun store with a coworker during lunch today and spotted an M and a few standard Norinco SKS's, all looked they were just pulled from the box for the first time.
Asking prices were $490 and $300 respectively.

Had to pass on them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts