Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took a gamble and ordered an current import Chinese SKS with no handselect or numbers matching request. Received all matching expect the stock. SKS appears almost unissued. Headspace checks as new. It is a TGI import.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have one of these... not much is known about them.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it via Copes Dist. They have them on sale now: $259.00 with free shipping. I bought two more.

I shoots some very tight groups at 100 yards. Not the type of groups you would expect from an SKS.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
These often are the early Sino-Soviet "ghost rifles" with milled receiver and threaded barrels, flat blade bayonets and no arsenal markings. Stocks are often Russian-style with a sidemount sling on the buttstock.

Debate exists as to whether they were Chinese assembled from Russian-made parts or Chinese made on Russian-supplied machinery. Whatever the story, they are a real bargain in quality and finish even if well-used.

Slightly later early blade models show a Chinese arsenal stamp.
They are very well made, sourced out of Albania. I bought two "broken stock" specials from Royal Tiger with Albanian trench art on the stocks. (Some collectors hate the "ghost rifles" term, but lacking a Chinese vocabulary, I kinda like it.)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
After receiving such a nice one I rolled the dice and ordered two more when they were on sale. Both came today. Both are TGI import marked and the sanitized version. First one has 40% blue five different serial numbers nice bore and very good furniture. Second one 90+ blue very good furniture, nice bore and totally matching right down to the extractor, gas tube and piston. Pictures of all matching. The mismatched SKS is just like the matching SKS posted pictures just has 40% metal blue.

I wonder if all of the TGI imported SKS's are the sanitized version and in this good of shape?

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.