1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that is a safe queen for sure !
Congratulations on a super nice find.

John
I agree, its not a S.1, but I will take it :).

kidding, of course and Thanks, its a nice one for sure. All matching, all complete, no import mark, straight bolt, no bayonet lug, correct Sling!!! and a beauty all around.
I am a VERY PROUD FATHER!

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I feel very fortunate and lucky to add this to my collection. It spend 48 years in the US and had exactly 20rds thru it while in North America roughly 45yrs ago.
1yr ago I did not dream I was going to find one in this shape - today, I am more motivated to be patient and work on my collection. I guess its not too late for us -Young and Green Swede Collectors to patiently wait for Old Timers to eventually sell their pieces to a younger generation.
In addition, without help/guidance/information/patience/2nd chances/million of the same explanations/good nature/etc of forum members here on this board - there is no way I would be as passionate about my Swedish Mausers. So thank you very much! Reason I share some of my items are not for bragging rights (well, this one certainly warrants some) but because I myself learned A TON from your sharing - images in particular as those are so much more explanatory vs just words. Abundance of the pictures in some of my posts is a mere attempt to pass on the information for other collectors in a manner which has helped me.
Again, thank you all for the kind words and compliments, but enough about me :) - lets get back to this carbine...

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KAIFS,

Wow! Amazing find! That one belongs in a museum. Take good care of her.

PS - I love that dark, reddish walnut!
I promise I will! I am treating her as a Holy Grail, thats for sure.

I have spoke to a Mauser collector of 25years whom has never seen one in this condition, let alone had one as such available for purchase - so I am treating it as a 'One of a Kind' and an irreplaceable specimen.
I am being realistic here and I am going to venture and say that: I probably will not own a second one like this.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
swede, here is another one to add to you school carbine database

swede,
here is another one to add to you school carbine database.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=354150455
“Trofe” 30-06 sporterized conversion. S.989. from pictures, the only things remaining from the shooting school carbine is a receiver, which also has a year scrubbed...
never mind, just found an 'official' list http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?110322-School-Carbine and it appears on it already.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.