Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added to my collection a sinosoviet sks.Armory mark stylized number 26 in triangle, jianshe armory only place these russian sks were build by chinese in 1956 and 57.has a westerm style letter four number opposed six digit chinese.rear sight elevation ladder russian squared off upside down u.this is a well build rifle. bought this a gun shop for 219.00 because owner though it to be norinco chinese. good find their out there if you look.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Interesting...

How about a picture showing the left side of the receiver/markings and the left side of the stock? Does that stock have any #'s stamped on the left side? Do all the #'s match?

That looks like a laminated replacement Russian SKS stock and it should be cut out for a blade bayonette rather than the spike.

If that is indeed a Sino-soviet, I have never seen one in a laminated stock before.

Nonetheless, that is an interesting and nice looking rifle!

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
How about a picture showing the left side of the receiver/markings and the left side of the stock? Does that stock have any #'s stamped on the left side? Do all the #'s match?

That looks like a laminated replacement Russian SKS stock and it should be cut out for a blade bayonette rather than the spike.

If that is indeed a Sino-soviet, I have never seen one in a laminated stock before.

Nonetheless, that is an interesting and nice looking rifle!

I was wondering the same thing....laminate Russian stock on a Sino....:cool:
Definitely a new one on me, too....

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Is that patina or is the bolt blued? Interesting..the bolt does not have the milled out area on the right side of bolt carrier..a Chinese characteristic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
more info

you can see by pic.chinese armory mark no import marks.yes it has all matching #serial numbers #l39xx the bolt and carrel are black i beleave the gun has been refurb and at that time had the russian stock(no numbers) and spike added if you have any ideas let me know.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Could this be...the elusive Egyptian SKS ?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm still curious...but a picture of the "Chinese armory mark" you refer to OR a close-up of the left side of the receiver is still necessary to correctly ID this rifle.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
With the three Chinese characters..it is eliminated as a Sino Soviet...still interesting ..no small import markings under barrel?

·
Registered
475 Posts
how about a picture of the bayonet grove without bayonet in it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
heres a sino i picked up a couple weeks ago for 2 bills OTD,4 digit serial with single letter prefix,long barrel shank

needed some stock work,im told the stock is more than likely a replacement at one point,handguard had what appeared to be deck stain on it,they used Bondo of all things to fill some dents so i stained the filled areas dar to make it look like wood grain ,stripped the deck stain off and shelaced the whole set

couple afters of the restoration

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,384 Posts
This is very interesting, and overlaps on to the recent thread about the laminated stock Chinese rifles. akboy2's laminated stock rifle S/N is 12,213,909 One of my laminated stock /26\ rifle's S/N is 12,244,900

I don't know if this is in anyway a coincidence or maybe a run of rifles which ended up with these laminated stocks.

I will have to dig into the back of my safe tomorrow to get my rifles so I can take a few photos of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts