Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were the bayonets on the early SKS that were made under Soviet supervision - the Sino-Soviet SKS - exclusively blade-type, or did any of them have the cruciform spike-type bayonet?

Until recently I believed that all of the Sino-Soviet SKS rifles had blade-type bayonets (only), and wanted to ask the sages here if I am in error.

·
Administrator
3,430 Posts
Sino-Soviets were originally equipped with blade bayonets but some were restocked and fitted with spikes during rebuild.

·
Administrator
19,257 Posts
I've had both and am not sure. My 49 SKS has a spike on it.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
I've had both and am not sure. My 49 SKS has a spike on it.
Never tease a weasel, 'cause teasing isn't nice....the weasel will not like it and teasing isn't nice....!

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
53,605 Posts
MikeO has it right.... You will find them with spikes but only because they have gone through a rebuild at somepoint and that was added.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sino-Soviets were originally equipped with blade bayonets but some were restocked and fitted with spikes during rebuild.
Why do you think they did this??

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
53,605 Posts
Who ever ordered the rebuild probably spec'ed out what the end rifle was to look like. I've seen refurbs with blades so I know they would do either. Importers would specify either blade or spike bayo and that too would determine what type of bayo was used. It could be any number of reasons to preference, what they had on hand, who ordered what, etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts