Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my pseudo-military trainer - the Norinco JW-14. It functions fine and shoots accurately with the Federal Champion brick ammo.
Some say it looks like the M1 carbine, but I think it looks more like a G43. Nice plinker at the range.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I vote G43 also...

Nice find. They remind me of a G43. I heard they were to complement the older TU-KKW and TU-33/40 rifles.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
thats a beauty , i like the looks of that one ,

i made a psudo trainer from an M1903A3-4gery by installing an insert that roy boone turned for me from a cheap kids rifle bbl , and using an M22 bolt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another .22 trainer

I love the .22 cal military "look-alike" rifles and carbines. In the last two years, I have managed to collect a few of them. I purchased the ERMA EM1 carbine about a year ago for around $200. The M1 Carbine clone is very light/short, functions well and shoots fairly accurate out to 50 yards. It is my son's favorite .22.

I think there is another version of this carbine imported by Iver Johnson?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,598 Posts
ASquare, nice work, I assume its a single shot and I dont see the lug that fixes the conversion into the chamber,when you extract a spent ctdge, does the conversion stay in place??I have placed below pics of my Numrich vintage conversion, that the firm sold in the 60's=Also my 1903 with the Numrich 22 conversion installed and a Unertl 20x scope-

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
yes thank you , single shot and it remains in place , i like yours very much , nice to know there are others that shoot 22s from these , i cant say how neet it is to feel the service rifle and shoot the cheep 22 cal on the short range which is generaly less full ,

as long as we are posting psudos - my 67-69 M16 converted to 22 cal

M16 upper , ceinar conversion , DPMS lower with retro M16 stock and grip ,

shoots very well ,

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sorry about the OT, but is it okay to post non-military .22LR arms here?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts