Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,672 Posts
In reference to 1867-89 Swedish rolling block sporters.

I've seen one built on a 1867 blackpowder action with sliding extractor and original breecchblock and hammer, that had a Danish Krag military stepped barrel fitted. The groove diameter was .318" not the .323"-.324"+ ususally seen on Swedish rolling blocks.

I've also seen, held in my hands, a 1867 blackpowder Swedish 12,7x44R sporter that had a 6.5x55 m/96 Swedish barrel installed and had massive extractor mods done to the breechblock that entailed an extractor fitted to the breechblock to extract the rimless 6.5x55. This particular rifle swallowed a US field gauge so the rifle was de-barreled and sold as an action only with the barrel stub separately (lathe turned by myself).

There are many oddball rolling blocks that have come out of Sweden that do not follow the normal pattern of rifles. Beware.

Dutchman

· Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,672 Posts
Hej Petter

Please make every attempt to gain information concerning rolling block failures (and Mauser failures). They are the most pointed means of educating shooters and handloaders to the dangers of taking things for granted. I worry alot about this topic.

Dutchman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.