Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gents,

I am a frequent reader here and have learned a great deal about these fine little pistols from reading this board. I wanted to share something that I use when doing the basic strip / clean. Rather than pull the trigger guard down and move it to the side to keep it open, I simply use a piece of flat leather (approx. 1 X 2 inches) that I have on the bench in various shapes to slip between the now open trigger guard and the frame. I use this same leather for jaw padding and various other bench chores to prevent scratching when you need to "get a grip" !! This prevent the little scratches from sideways rubbing on the frame and keeps the guard securely open during the cleaning process without the accidental snap shut surpise.

Maybe everyone else is already doing this, but I don't remember reading it anywhere.

Hope it helps.

Thanks to all for your valuable input to the board.

Pilot1950 (proud owner of "more than 1" EG and 1 Bulgy Mak)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Good one!

Yep, thanks for bringing it out. I use that tactic to prevent scratches :eek: on my nice Maks. I had a beater that showed two scratched off places on either side of the under belly of the slide where it had been scratched by the trigger guard. :cool:

·
Gold Bullet member
550 Posts
Thanks a lot !!!! Great idea !!!

regards....roger

·
Registered
480 Posts
Good suggestion, although I consider those little blemishes (which is all they'll be if you're careful how you manage the trigger guard) to be signs of honest use. Of course, none of my guns are museum pieces - I carry the EG or the Russian military interchangeably for most of the year, and shoot 'em regularly at the range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts