Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant get my signature and PIC to work. All items in Posting Elements are checked. Need help. Thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see the signature is now working. Now to figure out the PIC part.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope still cant get it. Will try at a latter date.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Look at the faq. You need to use the sigpic bbcode in your sig where you want the pic. Just the code then the /code, nothing need be between it if you uploaded the sigpic using the tool in the profile to do it.

SlimTim

·
Silver Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still cannot get it. When I go to edit my signature the PIC is there under signature picture. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Ed

·
6,263 Posts
Here's the size limitation on pics:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

Upload your signature picture using option 1 or option 2

Include bbcode in signature text: sigpic /sigpic (Both must be in braces, if I put them in here, the text won't display. Nothing need be in the middle, just those 2 codes.)

SlimTim

·
Silver Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys thanks for trying to help. Slim Tim I am not that great with computers. What is bbcode? Using my signature text could you type an example on what I am suppose to type. Again thanks for the help. Ed

·
Silver Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slim Tim Thank you for emailing me the instructions. Also thank you to Bayonet Collector. Ed

·
Silver Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What he had me type in right under my signature was this

Dont forget the space between ] [ in the middle. Worked for me. Ed

·
Silver Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see that the posting will not allow me to type in the format. What you want to do is type in sigpic with brackets on each side and then type in /sigpic again with prackets on the same line right after the first bracketed sigpic. You need to have a space between the two bracketed sigpics. This all needs to be right under your sinature. Then save the whole thing where it said save at bottom of edited screen.HTH

·
6,263 Posts
Not much to it.

[sigpic] [/sigpic]

Nothing need be in between the [sigpic] and [/sigpic] but a single blank space. You will have to upload the signature picture using the options in your edit signature function. It will not work if the picture is oversized, even if linking it from another website.

(I figured out how to get the commands to show up in a post by using the "noparse" command.)

SlimTim

·
Registered
848 Posts
THANK YOU!

I was going insane trying to figure the sig pic problem. Finally after hitting the brick wall for a couple weeks of trying, it dawned on me to come here!

Guess I'm stubborn! Haha. Regards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts