Registered
19,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman showing his rifles on the thread of Swiss rifle collection says
he has sight adjusters on his rifles.

Would some one tell me what that is...appears to be on the front sights and
what do these do?

A close up picture would be nice.

Anything the Swiss did to improve iron sights has my intense interest cause I got old eyes
and want to shoot iron sights as long as possible and its a up hill fight to do so.

·
Silver Bullet member
837 Posts
Here they are installed on rifles.

Sahli

Furter

Some are elevation only and others well adjust for windage and elevation. Used with a taller front sight you can adjust as close as 100yds. On most, each click is about .6 to .8 moa. The Grunel is 2" at 330yds or 5cm at 300m.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,912 Posts
*Drool*...

·
Silver Bullet member
379 Posts
Would there be a source for a set of these ?
You can PM Guisan, he may have a line on them.

Keep an eye on ebay, gunbroker, etc, and the classifieds here and SRDC... they turn up fairly often, though the price will usually give you a shock. I have a sahli that came on one of my rifles, I don't find it necessary.

From what you say, you might find that a diopter sight is the way to go.

·
Silver Bullet member
837 Posts
You can PM Guisan, he may have a line on them.

Keep an eye on ebay, gunbroker, etc, and the classifieds here and SRDC... they turn up fairly often, though the price will usually give you a shock. I have a sahli that came on one of my rifles, I don't find it necessary.

From what you say, you might find that a diopter sight is the way to go.

+1
A diopter sight would be far superior. I use a taller front blade with a corrector on two rifles for shooting at ranges under 2-300 yards. The cost of about any of the correctors would be a good start toward a diopter sight.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
With a K31 there is no need for a taller front sight blade when shooting at 100 or 200 meters as it has the sight settings for these distances (aimed bulls eye at close distances and six o'clock black at 300 meters and further).
A K11 does need a taller blade for closer distances as the sight setting with that one starts at 300 meters.

Guisan.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts