Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a SIG PRO SP2340 .40 S&W pistol, (still waiting for State Police approval before I can take possesion) it's not the so called "Blueline" LEO version, but from what I understand essentially the same gun. I've done a fair amount of research on these, most of the LEO guys that carried (or still carry) these are pretty darn happy with them, some of the "weekend warriors", not so much, I was looking for some opinions from people that actually own one of these. Thanks, and happy new year to all.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
Revenue Officers for the State of Tennessee at one time carried these I think, though I believe they may have moved on to a different Sig model. All the toters in the local office who had them purchased them for themselves once surplused, so they must have liked them.

SlimTim

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "Blueline" LEO versions are widely available on the used market, for the most part the only difference I can see is they came with nightsights, ie. some kind of glow in the dark paint or inserts, as far as I can tell the the 3 dot type sight system on mine is exactly the same minus the night sight feature. I bought this gun from a local dealer who had it on consignment, the owner is a criminal defense lawyer with a CCW permit who decided he had too many guns, the thing looks damn near brand new, I can't imagine he's put more than a couple boxes of ammo thru it, and it came with a plastic case and two 11 round mags. I got it for $400 out the door, and that includes State Police background checks and tax, so I feel like I did OK given the condition of the gun, some of the LEO ones I've seen look kinda rough in comparison. FWIW, the lawyer must have had a damn good reason to carry in Maryland because permits are hard to come by, but there's a legal challenge in the Federal courts right now, (Woolard versus Maryland) the state lost this challenge, but the state appealed the Federal judges ruling, it's just a delaying tactic as I see it, and I feel it will eventually fail the constitutional test, but sadly, that could take years.

·
Gold bullet with Oak Clusters member
15,894 Posts
I have owned my 2340 for about 7 years now and once I figgured out which grip insert worked best for me I really like it. It is darn near indestructable, accurate and my Navy UDT Nephew was issued one and thinks it is the most reliable pistol available today. Also I think it is ugly as hell but I will over look that in favor of reliability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts