Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
3,684 Posts
I really don't see anything real unusual. To me the slot looks like it has not been touched in a long time. I only have one double slot stock and have not checked to look for a clean hole or not? The "SA" stamps do seem slightly odd placed but nothing that would suggest anything significant in my eyes. The stock appears slightly blonde but the pics are not the best. Other that I think it looks about as right as any other M28. I wouldn't kick that one out of my rack for sure. Congrats. I like it. Regards, John.

· Platinum Bullet Member
3,684 Posts
I don't know. M28s are a weird model to collect. To find a mostly original M28 is hard to find, but seems like you can come pretty close like the example with the matching butt plate. Almost all of them are kind of rough as few were fully refurbed like other models. Many had a few parts replaced at the end of war before going into storage. From my collection of too many, I have come to the conclusion that just about anything goes. Correctness for a M28 is having all the pertinent parts. Matching numbers, correct stocks, matching color of stock to hand guard doesn't seem to matter. Incorrect is correct for many of the surviving M28s. I do have one totally refurbed M28 that looks like it probably slipped into the M27 pile by accident, is all M28 parts, but one of only a few that I see went through total refurb. Most M28s have a very well used look about them. I think it takes a special genetic defect to really like M28s. I can't buy anymore of them my rack for M28s is full. Unless something comes along and I have to break the rules. I don't want to buy yours, but I really do like it. It looks just like a M28 ought to. Regards, John.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.