Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. I picked up a Type 46 rifle stock the other day to fix a barreled action I have, and when I took the butt plate off to wipe down the stock, I found this paper in the trap.

I know I’ve seen or read about this before, but I can’t find anything. Is this paper for an inventory list, manufacturer note, etc.? Can anyone translate this?

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,167 Posts
This paper is called a Forwarding Form, basically it is a form to where to send this particular rifle to a particular military unit

The top line is the date of the forwarding form for this particular rifle written in the Siamese / Thai Buddhist Era calendar years
In between the 1st and 2nd line is the word FORWARD
the 2nd line is the type of rifle it is which in this case is ปืนเล็กยาว แบบ ๒๔๔๖ (Small Arms Long Rifle Type 2446)
The lines after these sometimes show the serial number of the firearm, what military unit it went to, and other information we just are not clear of at this time.
The bottom is the signature of the individual of the person who wrote this form.

Patrick

Reactions: Kchapmansc

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Patrick. I haven't purchased any of these in some years, but recent visits to local shops while on business travels have ended up with me picking up another few. Every time I handle one, and give it a good going-over, I'm amazed that people just don't respect them like they should.

Just before covid wrecked things, the local Cabelas had one in their showroom for sale at $399. It was one of the nicer ones, and I regret not getting it even though it was the more common variation. Thanks again for your info, much obliged. (y)(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.