Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 660 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought home the D70 from work, planning on shooting some photos of the No1 MKV for another thread in the Enfield forum so I thought I'd throw together a couple of pics of my Webley collection, such as it is. Lighting wasn't as good as I'd like with overcast skies this evening but it'll do.
The MK6 has the cut cylinder for 45acp installed (makes shooting easier since I have lots of 1911s and regularly reload for them). Besides the MK6 there's a Model 1907 .25 ACP, Model 1908 32.ACP and a Model 1910 Military Model in .38 ACP.

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
Either you are VERY RICH or you have broken into the Pattern Room. LOL
I only have around 35. (too much trouble or an accurate count.)

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,861 Posts
Top one is Belgian with Australian Gov't markings, D^D. I suspect it was a loaner during WWII. Interestingly, the cylinder chambers were opened up from .450 to .455. .455 is hand stamped on the frame. The bottom one is a very nice US made Forehand & Wadsworth in .38cf.

John, I am not wealthy, I just was able (smart enough??) to buy when cheap and there was a great selection. I wasn't smart enough to buy two of everything so I could sell one now.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,011 Posts
Breakeyp, great collection! Most of my (much smaller) collection were also found years ago. Thanks for posting the pictures.

The Pritchard bayonet is interesting. Is it an original? I regret not buying a copy back when they were available.

Best regards,
Greg

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,861 Posts
Unfortunately the Pritchard is not original. I got it from Val Forgett about 1985. It is one of the better copies but a copy none the less. I imagine in time the various copies will become collectable.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
ill repost as they were lost in the move
455s left to right mkI , II , III , IV , V , VI , and EFD mkVI,

380s left to right S&W Victory , Webley mkIV , EFD mkI , II , Albion mkI*

·
Registered
274 Posts
Very nice guns and photos, gents. Here's my very humble commonwealth handgun assortment.

Webley Mk VI from 1917, no finish left unless you count pitting, grin. Still has a perfect bore and matching numbers, un-shaved and still .455 caliber and a nice shooter.

Smith & Wesson Victory from 1942 with New Zealand property marks.

Inglis Hi-Power from '44 that is also an excellent shooter. No FTR marks but matching barrel is replacement and it has been refinished.

At some point in the future I would like to get a nicer looking Mk VI and an Enfield No.2 Mk I to round things out a bit. That's short term...long term a Webley WALL would be nice. :)

This is my current avatar pic as I find these guns very, very enjoyable to collect and shoot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone

This is my first post as "F-14APC", I used to go by "TomcatPC" a while back before the board changes and all that.

Anyway, I just got this Webley Mk. IV .380" Cal. revolver last week for $100 (U.S.). It is a post-WWII revolver made for the Singapore Police Force, it has a safety catch rear of the hammer spur. Granted I would love to have an actual WWII Era Webley Mk. IV (or a Webley Mk.VI from the Great War as well), but I'm happy with this, my first Webley. Have not fired it yet though.
Mark

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, great find for just $100! You got off to a great start.

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
And you can get a few laughs if a friend asks to shoot it. Just put the safety on before you hand it to them and watch the frustration on their faces. LOL

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not my only Webley but the rarest a .22 MKIV with Candian property marks. They bought 25 of them in 1940. This one is marked to the Canadian Armored vehicle school. Bought at a gun show about 5 years ago for $275. Guy had no clue it was special.

·
Registered
340 Posts
unusual gips

One of my MK VIs I bought sight unseen down in San Diego 25 or so years ago. Went to pick it up and was very surpised to find it had been fitted with oversize target grips. Very nicely made though a bit cracked and worn. A picture will have to wait as I'm on the road and won't be back home until early December. Will get a picture up then. Pistol was $100.00. Common price back then. Good shootin'. . . .

1 - 20 of 660 Posts