Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a brief synopsis of the show I helped a friend sell at the past weekend..... Here are some of the highlights of prices and characters encountered.......

Many Mosins and Yugo 48's around...... Prices were VERY high on both.....

A ton of Rotten Carcanos of several flavors......

Alot of BEATER SKS rifles around..... most very rode hard and put away wet.....

Ammo prices were nuts as usual with many guys asking well over Aim, Sportsmans Guide, or other suppliers.....

Sold a bunch of ammo and goodies for my buddy I was helping out.....Generally people were nice but there were a couple of winners who cried over prices, said how they could get it cheaper elsewhere, or said we were way too high on prices.... I told them ALL to take a walk..... And Surprise Surprise.... the majority walked back to us to try to buy the ammo..

I did some horse trading and wound up with some silver dollars in an ammo swap.......

Made a great reconnection with an old friend that I used to shoot with some 25 years ago.....We bumped into each other at the show..... seems his Brother in Law passed and he used to work for Flaigs in the 60's and told me he had a bunch of stocks that he had obtained when he worked there that were take offs......

After a brief discussion I checked out the stocks and we struck a deal.....

They are all M1917 stocks that I can tell.....sorry for the poor pics I got back late at night....

He said there are a bunch more that he has to get to for other rifles and will call me after the holidays to meet up again.....

Here are a couple of pictures.......

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice job on the 1917stocks. They will be marked on the end "W, E or R" for the manufacturer. P14s are cut out on the left side for the volley sight. They are getting harder to find. Gun shows around here are about the same, but occasionally I find a few odd parts I need in boxes. I'd be willing to swap a silver dollar or two for a stock. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
i went to a show in Md about 3 weeks ago and had a opposite experience , ammo was at fair market value except 9mm , but picked up a bunch of .22 mini mags and .22 WMR , if i had needed 5.56 i would have had no issue buying at the prices , believe it was $440 for 1k

mostly new production stuff , AR's and USA AK's , some milsurp , M1's were actually priced at market averaging $1,200 , beautiful UZI kit but was salty at $1400 , only one sks high at $800 with an idiot mag on it ,and only one nagant a M44 with laminated stock at $800 and someone thought it would be better with a CQC RDS on it ,lol , so not only had someone got into grannys elderberry wine but then decided to go fishing for stupid

no jerky , about the forth table i see a CZ52 for $350 , rode hard but all there , it was looking promising early but like i said only the forth table or i would have grabbed it but didnt want to hammer my nut for $350 and then find something 2 tables down i actually wanted and not just a decent deal

one guy had a whole spread of vintage targets ,picked up a couple for posters in the gun room along with some nick knacks , grenade , 50 cal cartridge , oilers , been doing a gutted and remodel of the gunroom the last 2 months, well over due

all in all i remember that show having alot more tables , but with Maryland's 2a climate im not surprised its dwindled , but i did not leave there thinking it was a waste of gas or $8 admission , would make the drive again

·
Copper Bullet Member
12,784 Posts
P17 stocks used to be very, very common due to all the sporterizing back in the day. Now uncommon and downright rare they command big bucks to point that they are actually being reproduced. Loose p-14's have never been common. Best bet in these is rebuilding a DP by carefully replacing the plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts