Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a gun show at the State Fairgrounds about 10 years ago -- long before I got re-interested in pistols. Any idea on whether or not this show will be of interest to Mak collectors and other 9x18 fans?

·
Registered
658 Posts
If it's put on by "Suncoast Gunshows", don't waste your time. They put on shows all over the area 2-3 times/month, and you'd be wasting your time. It's all commercial vendors who are real proud of their stuff (i.e. they price it so they make sure they get to take it back to their shop). I know it's not until January, but the best one coming in this area is at the Lakeland Civic Center and it's put on by the Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club. It is always a great show. They do 3 a year, and the January show seems to be the biggest. You have to be careful, though, as Suncoast Gunshows also uses the Lakeland Center. Save your money and wait for January!

·
Registered
45 Posts
There may be a Mak or two but deals are not likely, Suncoast shows at Lakeland are really only good for private sales, picking up stuff walking around, and so to speak.

The Lakeland Rifle club show are usually in February, May and September and usually has a Mak or two but not very many. This show is the big two room show witch brings out the private collectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.