Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Diamond Member with Oak Leaves and Swords
3,472 Posts
It's a Kar98k that's had a Yugorectomy, missing its cleaning rod, upper band, original markings and 80% of its finish. By the time the buyer has paid state and local taxes, shipping (maybe), and the auctioneer's juice, he's paid over retail for a common rifle. You did good staying away from this one.
Regards,
John

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I agree--$130 was my limit on this one--don't forget the "buyers premium " and shipping. Plus the dealer's fees if you don't have a C&R.

Plus, there is uncertainty in every auction piece that you can't actually examine. Most of the time they are "as advertised", sometimes not. Further, there are frequently "unanswered questions" with auctions pieces--bore condition, etc.

Don't worry--there are plenty of good deals down the road.

Steve

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I was so busy looking at the short handguard and bolt recess in the stock I had missed that the front band was AWOL.

John, consider "Yugorectomy" stolen. :)

The buyers premium, shipping and transfer costs are the reasons I did not win anything on this auction. I was after one of those Hi-Point 9mm carbines for home defence and plinking. They sold for $145 and $165, so but by the time you added up the fees, I might as well order a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts