Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
I'm afraid there isn't one site that lists all the models and vairiations in one place. Pettson's site had some very good info on the shotguns, but I don't believe it is available at this time.

There is another site that has info on a few of the older models, but I don't have a link to it at the moment. I will try to find it. Ok, found the old link, but it seems to be gone at the moment too.

If you have questions about a specific gun, I can help you here as I have some reference books that are pretty comprehensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ...... I am about to aquire an M15 if everything works out and will have more info when I get it. Do you have a link to the Pettson site? I think that's the one I was thinking about.

Bouvier

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ....... There is another site that I recall seeing last year or so that started me on this quest ...... but this gives me more info that I didn't have ....

Thanks again .....

Bouvier

·
Administrator
5,677 Posts
I am selling books with info about Swedish Husqvarna commercial shotguns and Mausers.
Husqvarna Jaktvapen 1870 - 1977
http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=68
I have a Husqvarna SXS model 15 here. If you have any general questions about it, send me an email..
[email protected]
The M15 not on my website
BTW, is that the one I saw selling for about $700? In the book, there are two variations. One has a very ornate triggerguard, the metal having all kinds of twists and turns. The other variation M15 has a standard shape. Both have lots of scrolling. A firearms worth is based on a few variables, condition being a major one. As for scarcity, I'm trying to translate the text, but don't think I'm seeing numbers of M15s produced. For $700, it had better be in almost mint condition and fairly scarce. If anyone has "Husqvarna Jaktvapen 1870 - 1977" book and can read Swedish, does it give production numbers?
Allan Schisel

·
Registered
38 Posts
There are 3 models of the model 15; Aldsta, Aldra and Nye. The Aldsta and Aldra are the ones with the ornate triggergard. There are no production numbers in the Hagelvapen book for the Aldsta and Aldra model. These models were produced between 1877 and 1900. the Nye model was produced between 1900 and 1942. Between 1912 and 1942 2200 in 12 Ga, 850 in 16 Ga and a few in 20 Ga were produced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts