Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was very accurate, seemed to shoot a little low but I quickly adjusted. Put about 150 rounds through it, enjoyed it very much. However, it did have a few stove-pipes. Very first magazine had two.....Second had only one. Then, went a few with none, then had one more in another magazine. Then, no more the rest of the time shooting. I believe it may have been the ammo or me, but I'm not sure. I started gripping it a lot firmer, and it seemed to go away....This after the second mag. But, otherwise it was great. I plan on carrying it concealed eventualy. Need holsters first...But, it seemed great. It did seem to occassionally want to double feed. I would notice if I dropped a mag on a loaded chamber, the top round in the mag would be pushed forward somewhat......I only noticed this one time, so maybe its not that big of a deal. It never jammed as a result of this. Any ideas on the stove-pipe?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I couldn't venture a guess on your stovepipes but right off the bat I'll tell you that if firming up your grip improved the function of the weapon you need a lighter recoil spring.

Those "limp wrist" type malfs are generally the result of things being out of balance and tend to happen most with light slided pistols with inordinatly heavy recoil springs. Someone probably replaced yours with an "extra power" m odel or one from an "M". You should have teh weapon in "balance" such that the Cooper"pinch fire" demonstration technique(fire holding the pistol with only thumb and trigger finger" is sufficient to restrain and function the pistol.

Sam

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
assuming (because I really don't know) that it has the original factory recoil spring, what model or type of recoil spring should I instal? Anyone carry it?
I am really happy with it....I intend in a week or two to dump another 200 rounds through it and my helwan.....Been busy working on the helwan recently....

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you suspect that it has a stock spring then i would clean it very thouroughly and lubricate it. Light grease of some sort on the slide rails and oil on pivoting parts.

Springs may be had from "STAR" or Wolff.

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.