Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 15 rounds and they all went off just fine and accuracy is probably ok as I was shooting at a 1/2 torso steel target at 370yds offhand and got 3 solid hits and several close misses.

Deprimed and cleaned some.

Same headstamp except some have the 4 lines quartering it. Those had two flash holes while the other has one.

This was mixed in the same box and clips. Checked a few boxes and they are randomly mixed.

I'm guessing two different brass makers combining for one production run.
Brown Circle Household hardware Gun accessory

·
Copper Bullet member
9,815 Posts
Don't recall seeing those segment lines before.....interesting.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was what I got from Centerfire. They were advertising the "bulgarian" 8mm as "czech". I ordered some expecting to have to rework it due to reported duds/hangfires etc.

Was mildly surprised to get actual "czech" SmE ammo all packed on '44 dated nazi clips. 100% surefire.

Was just noting the same headstamps but the two different flash holes. From what I remember of german ammo production and the Czechs were following those rules. The segmented headstamp meant a different supplier for the cases. So I'm guessing the factory was mixing lots of brass as they loaded the ammo.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Interesting... I wonder if that was just an old run of brass. I've fired a few boxes of it so far and mine all seem to have two flash holes on both the ones with and without the segment lines. On another note, these were very mild shooting and 100% reliable through my G43 (yes, with shooter's kit). They were comparable to my own handloads judging by recoil and how far the brass flew (about 6'). My K98, however, didn't like them. I had maybe a 30% fire rate. Several didn't go off, and most of what did was a bad hangfire. I blame the spring. All the misfires went off without an issue through the G43. Either way, the clips were definitely a bonus.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
This was what I got from Centerfire. They were advertising the "bulgarian" 8mm as "czech". I ordered some expecting to have to rework it due to reported duds/hangfires etc.

Was mildly surprised to get actual "czech" SmE ammo all packed on '44 dated nazi clips. 100% surefire.

Was just noting the same headstamps but the two different flash holes. From what I remember of german ammo production and the Czechs were following those rules. The segmented headstamp meant a different supplier for the cases. So I'm guessing the factory was mixing lots of brass as they loaded the ammo.
lucky,! I bought total 700 rds couple months ago and got all Bulgarian as mentioned on other thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.