Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to trade for a VZ-58(VZ-2008) as distributed by Century. I have wanted one of these for a while, and the opportunity arose to trade for one and I did. I'm quite pleased with it. It appears very well built and I'm fascinated by the design!

I really like the VZ but I wish I had a fixed stock. It doesn't seem like any of the regular suppliers and sponsors carry fixed stocks. Can anyone point me to a seller with fixed stocks?

Also, I read that 10 and 20 round magazines exist for these. Who may carry those?

Anyways, today was my first trip to the range with it. I shot a few rounds at 25 meters just to function test it. I noticed it seemed to be shooting pretty high. I then tried it out on the 200 meter gong. I couldn't place my rounds, and then realized they were going over the berm! Ok, that was interesting. I figured why not try the 500 meter gong? The elevation was good but the round impacted just right because I hadn't accounted for the wind. Well, I made a minor adjustment and struck the gong with my second round! Not bad for a rifle that most would presume would have absolutely lousy accuracy at that range! So I need to adjust the sights, but this thing is a keeper!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm...That's an idea. They sure make quite a few add on accessories for the VZ. I noticed that all the modern gear/furniture one could want can be obtained. I wish I had a second VZ to modernize! Anyways, here's a picture of the one I do have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.