Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the range--I found a box of Czech low recoil 7.62x45r and decided it was time to give it a go...
Rather nice--all the flash, noise....but just a bit of recoil. I could get to like this fodder, I'm getting old and fragile :barf:
Do any fourm sponsors carry this stuff?
..and what about that blue 7.62x51 training ammo? would I have the same experience?
Cheapdad

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,763 Posts
If you like the ammo I would get it while it's around. It'll dry up pretty soon I'm afraid. I pick up some from time to time, wish I could afford get a huge pile of it :)

I really like the ammo, and it's pretty ok accuracy wise out to a 100 yards - at least on indoor ranges where the wind isn't a factor

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
the blue plastic x51 is loud with no recoil. i haven't shot it past 60 yards, it's o.k. sounds like a cannon going off.

·
Silver Bullet member
648 Posts
if you are not into reloading and casting, this may be the boost you need. I shoot a 3/4 load of powder in most of my bolt actions, and shot an appleseed with my Enfield 2A using poop loads and sightged in for 25 meters.

the notch /post setups make it easy to adjust for powder variations. I've got the full power stuff as well, but powder goes further, and I like to be a lil kinder to my 1899 tula and 1912 SMLE?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.