Gunboards Forums banner
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
caerlonie said:
Totally agree,I have always believed that the best hope of putting a stop to these events is denying the perpetrators any publicity or attention/notoriety what-so-ever.I am quite certain that is what is driving them so deny them this,deal with them in a speedy manner and then administer proper justice

100 pct agree with you
The best way is make things so that any one attempting such mayhem will most likely be killed the moment they try to do something like that.
Stop creating free gunzones that only create safe working conditions for maniacs.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Read up on John Ridge and the Treaty Party. Major John Ridge was a Cherokee who married a white woman and served under Andrew Jackson at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend. Andrew Jackson thought very highly of him due to his bravery on the battlefield and their shared hardship. Leveraging that influence with President Jackson He became a wealthy Cherokee who basically sold his people out when he saw Georgia tried to annex Cherokee Territory. The SCOTUS ruled that Georgia's move was illegal and that the Tribes land was untouchable by the states or the US Government but by that time, Ridge had seen to it that most of the tribe was already in the west. Ridge was considered a traitor by many of the Cherokee Tribal members and the opposing "Ross Party" (named after Georgia Senator Ross who refused to sign the annex bill and begged the tribes to wait until the SCOTUS case ran its course) murdered John Ridge and his family.
"Ridge was considered a traitor by many of the Cherokee Tribal members "

Very common to buy off important people that will betray their brethren. The leaders of the hungarian jewish community were said to have sold out the hungarian jews so that they had safe passage out of the country. I do not know the truth of it, but it is believable.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Very common to buy off important people that will betray their brethren.
As I understand it, Ridge did not have to be "bought off". He was very much in on the entire plan from conception with an eye on becoming wealthy even at the expense of his own people. That's why they murdered him. It certainly is not a case of the "nature people" being betrayed by the "evil materialistic white man". Nor is it a situation where one can claim the United States was in on it as the SCOTUS ruled it was illegal for the US Government to touch Indian Lands or violate agreements.

Reactions: barnetmill

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
As I understand it, Ridge did not have to be "bought off". He was very much in on the entire plan from conception with an eye on becoming wealthy even at the expense of his own people. That's why they murdered him. It certainly is not a case of the "nature people" being betrayed by the "evil materialistic white man". Nor is it a situation where one can claim the United States was in on it as the SCOTUS ruled it was illegal for the US Government to touch Indian Lands or violate agreements.
It is a bit of semantics, but if he was in it from the beginning he was bought off in a sense hoping to profit for the dispossession of the land. There was talk of gold. People had been mining gold in Georgia since the times of the spanish. There are claims of Sephardic Jewish miners in Georgia during the 17th century.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It is a bit of semantics, but if he was in it from the beginning he was bought off in a sense hoping to profit for the dispossession of the land.
Exactly

And unlike the narrative being pushed by Democrats, Greed and lack of character are human traits that have nothing to do with skin color.

Reactions: barnetmill

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Fact is an oppressed individual at the bottom is no less likely to be corrupt if riches are in sight.
How oppressed was he??? He married a white girl, got rich off the white man, and gained influence killing his old enemies from a hostile tribe. Hardly seems oppressed to me. You do know the Creeks and Cherokee habitually killed one another?

In January 1716, Cherokee murdered a delegation of Muscogee Creek leaders at the town of Tugaloo, marking their entry into the Yamasee War. It ended in 1717 with peace treaties between South Carolina and the Creek. Hostility and sporadic raids between the Cherokee and Creek continued for decades.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,176 Posts
How oppressed was he??? He married a white girl, got rich off the white man, and gained influence killing his old enemies from a hostile tribe. Hardly seems oppressed to me. You do know the Creeks and Cherokee habitually killed one another?

Well, Cherokee politics could be right bloody. Look into what happened to folks who were in The Ridge's faction, and how many of them were executed (murdered they would say, but they had been tried and condemned by the Tribe). And what Stand Watie (BG, CSA) did...

101 - 108 of 108 Posts