Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,174 Posts
Strident calls for guncontrol and clamp down on social media after Buffalo shooting
headlines below.

View attachment 3977202

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Sunday that social media companies have to address and track down extremism on their platforms, after a gunman who reportedly espoused white supremacist ideology opened fire at a Buffalo, New York, supermarket on Saturday, killing at least 10.
This response is a surprise in some fashion?

·
100,174 Posts
I agree with the above whole heartedly. While I enjoy viewpoints from people from other nations, when they involve themselves in our politics, I take issue with that. And I guess I've been subject to throwing my opinion out there of other country's laws, so maybe I'm being hypocritical I don't know. Still, it's easy for people who don't enjoy our freedoms, to knock and trash them. In reality I'm sure these same people harbor some intense jealousy for what we have and they don't.
I tend to agree with that - until I think back to the '70s (1770s) and the interference (much to our advantage) in our Rebellion by the King of France. And the Stadtholder of Holland... Then I wonder a bit.

·
100,174 Posts
How oppressed was he??? He married a white girl, got rich off the white man, and gained influence killing his old enemies from a hostile tribe. Hardly seems oppressed to me. You do know the Creeks and Cherokee habitually killed one another?

Well, Cherokee politics could be right bloody. Look into what happened to folks who were in The Ridge's faction, and how many of them were executed (murdered they would say, but they had been tried and condemned by the Tribe). And what Stand Watie (BG, CSA) did...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts