Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 dead, 3 wounded. 18 year old white male suspect wearing tactical gear. Drove several hours to this location. Being investigated as a hate crime. So far they haven't mentioned the type of firearm, but I'm sure they will label it an AR 15 ot AK 47 no matter what it is. Let's see how long it takes the Dimocraps to call for an assault weapons ban.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So far they haven't mentioned the type of firearm, but I'm sure they will label it an AR 15 ot AK 47 no matter what it is. Let's see how long it takes the Dimocraps to call for an assault weapons ban.
A bunch of people died today at the hands of a lunatic who had no business having a firearm … and this is how you respond? Try harder not to be an asshole.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
A bunch of people died today at the hands of a lunatic who had no business having a firearm … and this is how you respond? Try harder not to be an asshole.
I would say had not business breathing. I read on some other site that he has an AR with fixed magazine that converted back to using detachable mags. He also had body armor.
The shooter (18 year old kid) wrote a 180 page manifesto detailing everything he was planning. Some takeaways, the weapons he used old school AR with iron sights and carry handle, legally bought in NY with pinned 10 round mag that he converted back to detachable. Mossberg shotgun, savage axis xp bolt action rifle. All budget priced guns but not much is needed to shoot unarmed civilians. I don’t like the language used in his manifesto for the weapons he chose. He talked about choosing the AR because it is the ultimate weapon of war, was easily converted back to detachable mags, etc. Was also wearing body armor which NY would like to ban. Seems he checked all the boxes for giving the liberals reason to ban guns.

This guy lived several hours away but seemed to have cased the store a few times. He had a map with locations of store security and planned to shoot the security guard through the glass before entering the store. Local news is reporting half the dead were head shots, so he did better than the average mass shooter we see. Also, keep in mind that he was wearing a Kevlar helmet in addition to body armor. So would likely take a good face shot, not just head shot to take him down (or armpit shot where there is no body armor coverage).
Font Gadget Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,701 Posts
His "manifesto" stated he identified with communism in school and now identifies as on the left.
This won't be reported because it doesn't fit the narrative that all these shooters are right winger nut jobs rather than the truth that some people just have mental problems and it's beyond party.

Tomorrow we'll hear the same lines..

"Lets examine the evidence."
"Just the facts."
"When in fact you don't need 30rd to hunt a deer."
"It's simply not true."
"Weapons of war don't belong on the street."
"No right is absolute!"
Then he'll do that weird thing where he does a sentence at a whisper followed by shouting part of it before continuing at a normal voice tone.

Even though someone above stated "people are dead and you're turning to politics"(paraphrasing), that's sadly exactly what this will be tomorrow.

Mental healthcare needs to be available but I worry people like this would never go and seek it.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I reported this. Inappropriate language and personal attack.

As for no business owning a firearm: NY is one of those states with added AW restrictions. I guess he was not allowed to attach a bayonet along with many other restrictions that dont matter or are easily circumvented by someone willing to break the law. This is another example why the rest of us need to own and carry the best firearm technology available. Including ammo that will penetrate body armor. Yes, my life and family are worth protecting as much as LE or militray lives.

I wonder how difficult it is for a black citizen in Buffalo NY to purchase and carry a handgun? And how limited are legal choices are with regard to magazine capacity.

NYTimes
The authorities identified the gunman as 18-year-old Payton S. Gendron of Conklin ....
He wrote he had been “passively preparing” for the Buffalo attack for several years, purchasing ammunition ....
If true. So much for 18 yrs age restriction on buying ammo and what ever else.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It may turn out that this poor kid was just plain crazy. I'm sure we'll hear a LOT from both sides as this sad story works its way through the news (infotainment) cycle.

I don't pay much attention to what comes out for a few days as often the first "bytes" are so useless.

·
Silver Bullet member
874 Posts
This is a gun board. We approach topics based on our gun ownership here. Instead of calling names, and not stating how you’d keep him from owning guns, you attack a poster. People like you feed the anger that causes these shootings.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
One report said the security guard shot and hit him but he was wearing body armor and was not injured. So in this case he may ACTUALLY have had body armor …most all other news reports have called a magazine vest “body armor”

·
Registered
442 Posts
He probably just did it to take attention off the 21 people shot in Milwaukee Friday night at the Bucks "watch party"? (a mostly peaceful gathering of underage progressive oppressed youths....carrying undocumented firearms)
It's amazing how many prohibited persons seem to own guns? And the "prohibitors" seem to have no interest in arresting them for that, before it turns into this? Nice that social media allowed him to live broadcast it as well. It's great that he's now apparently an "influencer" and none of that got censored because he didn't use the words election fraud or Ivermectin in his manifesto?

About the only person actually arrested recently for a firearms violation was Rittenhouse, who turned out not to be prohibited? Seems he was more likely arrested for carrying "conservative viewpoints, much like those being unlawfully detained in the DC jail.

This is where we are as a country? WTF? All graphs still point down and we have not hit anywhere near bottom?

·
Registered
501 Posts
It may turn out that this poor kid was just plain crazy. I'm sure we'll hear a LOT from both sides as this sad story works its way through the news (infotainment) cycle.

I don't pay much attention to what comes out for a few days as often the first "bytes" are so useless.
I agree, need to let the dust settle. Then (hopefully) the facts will be known.
He could have walked in and dumped 5 gal of gas and lit it. Same results. Unstable kid.

Let the sh*tshow begin.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts