Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mauserdoc
Posted - 10/07/2006 : 10:34:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a nice 1907 with a pramm on it. Somehow, the top part of the sight became separted from the base while I was at the range. I put it back together by sliding top part with the 2 knobs on the left and right onto the base from the right to left. It went about half way over and then seems stuck. It wont go right or left now and is stuck in the base--my planned next step is to tap on the knob on the left--the one for windage and see if tapping from left to right would separate it again and allow me to try to reassemble it right. Of course, I have no idea how to do that either.

Any assistance with this sight will be appreciated before I screw it all up. Mauserdoc

swede
Posted - 10/08/2006 : 12:13:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would not do any tapping on the sight . The Pramm sight is pretty simple , so don't get heavy handed . You have to turn the rear knob counter clockwise to allow the top piece to slide across the base . Then release the knob to allow the keeper to fall into the spiral groove on the left knob . The right locking screw has to be loose in order for the top piece to enter the base dovetail . Look carefully at the lock under the top dovetail so that it will enter the base dovetail without any obstruction . It must slide smoothly across the base dovetail . Make sure the elevation knob is all the way up so that it does not interfear with the dovetail slide , as it goes through the base in the lower position . Not much else that you can do to a Pramm sight .

mauserdoc
Posted - 10/08/2006 : 02:12:54 AM

THANK YOU SIR! Followed this advice and have her running like a top! Ready to head back to the range. Indeed that is a simple sight compared with most of the rest; However, although the adjustments aren't too fine, I think it is one of my favorites. Again, Swede, thanks so much for the advice!! REgards, Jeff

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
swede
Posted - 06/24/2007 : 10:20:06 AM

It is a very simple sight .

Elevation at the top .

Windage on the left .

Windage lock on the right .

Dovetail release on the back left , so the top half of the sight can be removed from the base .

You will need to make a 2 prong spanner wrench to remove the top cover . Underneath , you should be able to adjust your Zero with the same wrench . I have not made a wrench for myself . It is another thing on my need to do list . The list gets longer every day .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts