Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just watched shooter on dvd last nite. a really good movie about a sniper, X-marine. shoots looks like a barret 50 cal and is popping heads like pumpkins on traveling targets at a long ways off. if you haven't seen it, watch it, pretty good action.

·
Registered
407 Posts
just watched shooter on dvd last nite. a really good movie about a sniper, X-marine. shoots looks like a barret 50 cal and is popping heads like pumpkins on traveling targets at a long ways off. if you haven't seen it, watch it, pretty good action.
If you liked the movie you'll love the book it was based on.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
"Shooter"

Thank Herr Berg!...:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Loved the last scene, "I'm a Congressman!" ...."Exactly."

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought he said senator, dang, now i'll have to watch the whole movie again. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
great action movie. i am shure that leupold scope sales have been brisk. another fine rifle which is depicted in the movie is the cheytec .408.http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn63-e.htm
interesting caliber and absolutely devastating on long range "dinty Moore" head shots.
I was impressed at least in the beginning by the accurate depiction of the equipment

The USMC M40A3 with the correct Unertl 10x scope in particular. Most in Hollywood would have throw whatever they could find on the ground for Mark to use.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,086 Posts
i thought he said senator, dang, now i'll have to watch the whole movie again. :D
He did say "I'm a U.S. senator". But you missed the whole point of the movie when he says, "There never were any Republicans or Democrats.....only the Haves and Have-nots." ....and that's exactly what the Congress today thinks about us!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Snowman

Hello everyone. I thought Shooter was a fairly decent movie. Especially considering the crap Hollywood usually turns out now-a-days. I thought it was a really good use for the Dinty Moore beef stew. Talk about a "reactive" target!

·
Registered
490 Posts
He did say "I'm a U.S. senator". But you missed the whole point of the movie when he says, "There never were any Republicans or Democrats.....only the Haves and Have-nots." ....and that's exactly what the Congress today thinks about us!
I couldn't agree more. I thought the movie was excellent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts