Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two cases of 7.62x39, both made by Barnaul, both stored in an climate controlled room. One is a case of Brown Bear green lacquered coated with red primer and mouth sealant made in 2003; and the other is a case of Brown Bear grey polymer coated with no sealant made in 2014. Thinking even though the lacquered+ sealed ammo is 11 years older, and almost 20 years old, it should last much longer than the poly non sealant ammo. Or more likely it doesn't even matter, both with out last me. -thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Some shooters subscribe to this. I tend to as well. That said, as evidence by many of us here with thousands of rounds of 50+ year old surplus ammo down the barrel, properly stored ammunition doesn’t really have a shelf life. Some exceptions apply with certain propellants like stick cordite, but as a rule of thumb with modern Ammo it holds.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have two cases of 7.62x39, both made by Barnaul, both stored in an climate controlled room. One is a case of Brown Bear green lacquered coated with red primer and mouth sealant made in 2003; and the other is a case of Brown Bear grey polymer coated with no sealant made in 2014. Thinking even though the lacquered+ sealed ammo is 11 years older, and almost 20 years old, it should last much longer than the poly non sealant ammo. Or more likely it doesn't even matter, both with out last me. -thanks
I agree with your thinking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts